Keen to join our team?
You may just be the social justice-minded person we need that will bring passion, skills and expertise to accomplish positive change for deserving people and communities. Asian Aid is a Christian organisation that gives hope in Communities through Education, Health and Advocacy programs and initiatives. Find out more about us here.
If you are interested in a career that’s meaningful, see below for current vacancies and apply. Send your CV, a cover letter addressing the position description and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position descriptions include the name and telephone number of the person you need to contact should you wish to speak to us about a position vacancy.
Public Relations & Communications Manager
Speaking on behalf of Asian Aid, this senior position is responsible for leading and developing Asian Aid’s capacity to communicate, represent and advocate on our strategic direction, program implementation and International development compliance. Engaging with traditional and digital media, this role is responsible for clearly articulating policy priorities, managing public advocacy campaigns and further developing the CEO’s engagement in advocacy. This position is instrumental in delivering communications and engagement initiatives aimed at enhancing the positive public image of the organisation through implementation of effective engagement and communication tactics with existing and potential new stakeholders.
With deep knowledge, insight and experience of the Child sponsorship, protection and child rights agendas, legal and media environments, the incumbent is responsible for crafting and developing key approaches and activities with an emphasis on tangible, measurable outcomes. Excellent networking, influencing and broader stakeholder engagement experience is critical as this role works closely with the CEO and the senior management team in developing and shaping the message and influencing outcomes for the benefit of the children we support.
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability and experience working with child sponsorship, protection and rights in both welfare and development environments
- Ability to develop, execute and evaluate integrated business, marketing, communications and engagement strategies and plans (including social media, research, advertising, digital marketing etc) to grow awareness of and support for Asian Aid’s work
- Broad experience across senior marketing and communications roles including working in a lead role on large transformation projects, preferably with digital and customer outcomes focus
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral skills, ability to identify key stakeholders and target audiences (including experience writing for different audiences and demonstrated ability to explain complex information in easy to understand language)
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external organisational communications, ability to identify and resolve conflict, issues and problems
- Qualifications / demonstrated relevant experience in public relations and communications
Desired skills / experience includes:
- The ideal candidate will have a knowledge, insight and experience of child sponsorship, child development / international aid environment
- A high-level understanding of government communications
- Knowledge and / or experience working in non-Government, Not-for-profit sector
All applicants must have the Right to Work in Australia as well as be able to achieve Working with Children and Police Check clearances.
Your interest in the above role is appreciated and welcome.
Send your succinct cover letter and a CV to email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us why you’d like the role and please address the selection criteria. We encourage early-applications.