Meet The Need
By donating to the Meet-The-Need Fund, you can:
- Break the cycle of poverty for this and the next generation of people.
- Enable families and communities to care for their children and young adults.
- Encourage children to stay in school, further their education and avoid the dangers of early marriage, human slavery and child labour.
- Offer women opportunities to learn new skills so they can sustain their families.
- Ensure disadvantaged communities learn about hygiene, good health practices and disease prevention.
- Assist deserving children reach their God-given potential.
For over 50 years, your support has empowered thousands of children, women and their families in Asia address some of their most pressing needs.
The needs are many and varied. Your donation to the Meet-The-Need Fundwill help provide education to children, livelihood opportunities to youth and women, health awareness and training to disadvantaged communities, activities to prevent uterine prolapse and protect women’s reproductive rights and much more. But, most importantly, your support of the Meet-The-Need Fund will enable us to respond quickly to urgent needs as they arise - needs we might not be able to fund in other ways; new and pressing needs.
Did you know?
- An estimated 21 million victims are trapped in modern-day slavery.
- One third of girls in the developing world are married before 18.
- One in 9 are married before 15.
- 66 children for every 1,000 live births do not reach the age of 5 in Southeast Asia.*
In India, Bangladesh and Nepal where we serve, if families and communities cannot adequately support their children, the children are at a higher risk of child marriage, illegal adoptions, family separation, child labour, human trafficking, and alcohol-related harm.
THANK YOU for partnering with us to break the cycle of poverty for deserving children, their families and communities.
The activities mentioned here are just a few examples of how your donations to the Meet-The-Need Fund will support disadvantaged children, families and communities. Your generosity will support our child-focused programs where needs are many and varied. That’s why the activities your donations will enable are varied and different too.